Geocaching Live API and 64 Bit

Today I released a new Version of L4C Pro, which adapts changes of the Geocaching Live API. If you previous had errors while sending geocache logs, this should work again. If so, please check them online after they are transferred to avoid double logs.

For this version I had to update to 64 bit and updates of a lot of fundamental components. A lot of errors and crashes are solved.

L4C Lite is in review and will follow soon.

Currently I develop the adaptation of iPhone 6 and 6 plus screen sizes. This is well advanced and beta test will start soon.

Watch GEOFriends


==================================

Unfortunately, this app has been discontinued. More information here: www.devcom-networks.com

==================================

Watch what your Geocaching Friends did last time.

If you care, which Geocaches your Geocaching friends have successfully found last, or which Event they will visit next…
… then this App is just right for you!

You can directly add your friends or import them through the Safari Extension from your Friends List out of the Geocaching homepage. You will see the last Logs of your friends. If you activate the background mode, you also get a notification if your friends logs new Geocaches.

The announced special feature is the Event calendar. The last 50 „Will Attend“-Logs of your friends will be displayed in a calendar.
This app is originated by DEVCOM-Networks, who released the Android version nearly a year ago. In teamwork with them also AMAZE was created.

We wish you a lot of fun with this app!

New version and new app

Next day I will start get deeper in the development of Looking4Cache again.

For the next release native support of 64 bit devices is necessary by Apple. To get this I have to update some frameworks, what is not a easy task. The biggest work is that I have to redesign the communication with the Geocaching Live API. Also I have the update a lot of the current UI to support the the resolutions of the new iPhones.

I will join this „maintenance operations“ with the development of the last original planned functions. Some of them are the iCloud sync and notices and corrected coordinate upload to Groundspeak.

A mountain of work I will share over the next months. So please do not expect this update in a short time. I would like to take the time for a decent version.

Tomorrow you will see a surprise app! Beside that I like the idea of this new app, especially one of the functions, it is also a preparation for the new L4C version. This app already contains a part of the new communication with the GC Live API, the 64 bit technology and adaptive display resolutions (iPhone 6/6+). So I can test this without a open-heart surgery in L4C.

Current status and a good new Year!

To the end of the year I will give you a briefly summary of my current work.

Since some weeks I want to release Version 2.1.4 to fix the crash when opening Trackables. Also this Version will improve the GPX export and the filter on geocache lists. Unfortunately I got some delays with the app review. I hope that they get resolved quickly in 2015.

In the last days I put some attention to the offline vector maps. In the next version you will see the following:

  • No more crashes when using the cached-tiles rendering option.
  • Every map gets additional 5 kilometers around their borders.
  • A revised map theme (for example the display of city names, the width of streets and some color changes).
  • Another better readable font.
  • Reliable coastlines.
  • New category “Special maps” for tracks like the Appalachian Trail.

I wish you and youfamilies all the best for the New Year.

Version 2.1.1

With the update to version 2.1.1 the convert of the database works by most of the users. But by some users the database file itself is corrupted and so also the new version did not help.

When the App does not start even if version 2.1.1 is installed, only the deletion of the database or a reinstall of L4C will help. For this I wrote a FAQ entry: FAQ: App does not start after the update

Sorry that the Update to 2.1 brings such problems to some of you!

The cause why this happened I have found and fixed, so I am confident that this will be no problem on the next update containing a database migration. To be on the save side I will add a backup function in a following release.